Sunday, December 27, 2009

Star quality


So here is another lo dedicated to my sister(yep! The same one who is cra-z about shoes!) This one is about how much she wants to become an actress. She's already with a drama team, and has taken several acting/drama classes and she still has her heart set on becoming an actress more than ever=)

I used little beads for the swirls.
So this year for Christmas, my 9 yr. old lil sis wanted to get everyone a gift. She only had about $5, so she was pretty dissapointed when she couldn't find something for everyone that was under $5 dollars each. So she started to make little home-made stuff out of paper and odd objects around the house=) Then one day, a neighbor of ours had a yard sale(by the way, this occured in October when it was still warm. Not December=). So, my lil sis went over and found a gift for everyone. And, it was a yard sale, so the little trinkets that she found all came to an amout of around $3. So she was definately one happy little gal! She finally found each member of the fam a gift, and she had money left over too! lol So, what I'm getting at is, the beads that I used for this lo were what I got for christmas from my lil sis. She told me that "they were the only thing she could find at that yardsale that had to do with scrapbooking". =D


I cut out and painted the little clipboard. ( I should go back and write the date on it=) The journaling is on the back of it, but our computer wouldn't let me upload the picture. Ugh! =)  The journaling reads: "Becoming an actress. This is the one thing that you've dreamed about becoming ever since you were old enough to even know what acting is. Acting is the one goal that you've tried so very hard to accomplish and you're definately on you way! Whether it's acting in plays on stage, or playing roles in your own home movies; you definately have talent and star quality at doing something that you love to do! So, I just want to tell you to keep on reaching for you dreams, babe! Becuase the further you go and the harder you work to reach your goal, the sweeter it is when you get there! Love your sis, Heidi"
I know, it's alot of journaling to fit on that tiny piece of paper! But I made it so that there's a piece of paper that folds out. I'll post a picture tomorrow so you can get a better visualization=)

And before I forget, here's todays sketch! Have fun!


Thanks for stoppin by!

1 comment:

Rita Barakat said...

This is a great tribute to your sis! And how sweet about your lil sis and thos pearls!This color combo is gorgeous- perfect for the lo!!WTG!