Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Challenge & awards!!! --Sing, Sing, Sing

"God sent his Singers upon earth with songs of sadness and of mirth, That they might touch the hearts of men, And bring them back to heaven again."

I love that quote! It's so true...
So here is a lo(well actually, it's a 2-page LO combined=) that I did of the choirs that I am in this year. This year, I am singing w/ 2 choirs: "The Voices of Angels" and the "La' Chiam Choir". My whole schedule for December is absolutley CRAZY! I have a performane every Sunday & Saturday with either one of the choirs and have practice every Thursday, Sunday, & Tuesday. Yeah, it's been really hectic around here! But I am just so grateful that I could participate in doing something I love=) Did I mention that I have 4 siblings singing along with me in one of the choirs? How much funner can it get! LOL!


So, as you can see, I combined both choir los to make a 2-page lo. I used a needle and black thread to attach the pages.
Here are some close-ups--...







                       Whenever I see or think about this LO it makes me think of the song "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Chris Tomlin. It is an awesome song with an awesome message! I wanted to somehow incorporate the song into this LO, but there wasn't enough room after I planned it all out=( Here are the lyrics though! LOL!"We will sing sing singGrateful that you hear us

We will sing, sing, sing


And make music with the heavens  
When we shout your praise
Lift high the name of Jesus
What's not to love about you
Heaven and earth adore you
Kings and kingdoms bow down
Son of God
You are the One
You are the One
We're living for
You are the love that frees us
You are the light that leads us
Like a fire burning
Son of God
You are the One
You are the One
We're living for"
 
And you can listen to it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0zC8c17GFc
 
Something else that I forgot to mention=), I recieved an award from R.Barakat at http://www.letsembellish.blogspot.com/ ! She had a few to choose from, so I chose this one('cause I liked the colors!) Thanks, Rita! .....

...And now here is an award for you becuase you truly inspire me and I just absolutely L-U-V your blog!!!

Now, let's get down to buisness! So for this week, I'm going to "assign" you to a challenge! Soooo...the challenge is...
--to create a 1-page (or 2-page; it's up to you!) LO
--that consists of black & white photos.
--But there's a catch, the photos have to do something with what you and your family look forward to every winter (hmm...could it be decorating your christmas tree? The snow? Drinking hot cocoa together?)
So there's the challenge! Sorry, but no prizes are included in this challenge=) It's just for the fun of it! Maybe in the future I'll include a winner and some prizes;D  But for now, you're all winners!
Y'all have fun w/ the challenge and be sure to send me a link to where you posted it!
Thnx for stoppin' by!

3 comments:

Rita Barakat said...

Great post girlie! I love that lo it looks fabulous! Super fun challange too - I may have to take you up on that one!

H.s said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! i love it!!!!!! Well, bye! Wait, um... I like the colors on you're LO!!!!! And, um,... It's very nice :D

H.s. said...

by the way, this is your sista speaking! :D