Friday, October 9, 2009

Loss......

So here's my LO for the loss theme. I know, it took me like 3 days to complete it! But I wanted it to be perfect :) I had a TON of inspiration from R.Barakt's loss-themed LO about her grandma. I've been wanting to do a LO of my great grandma who passed away 3 years ago this month, and when I saw Rita's layout it was totally what I needed to inspire me! So thanks Rita! Oh yes, and I did use sketch #20 from creatively yours for this layout=)


We have very few pictures of my great grandma and so we were so excited when we found the ones that I used on my layout! My great grandma is the one on the right in the main picture...she is seen with her aunt, Tetka.

This is the front of the folder...I found the little flowers at Michales on the clearance isle, then I found all of the "swirlie" designs at Target also on the clearance isle! So I was happy that day=)

-The inside- On the inside are the lyrics to Jeremy Camp's song "There Will Be a Day". Every time I hear that song I think about my great grandma...

The lyrics read:
I try to hold onto this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings and the hurt
that trys to grab
The many trials that seem to never end,
His word declares this truth,
That we will enter in this rest with wonders anew
But I hold onto this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain,
and no more fears.
There will be a day when the burdens of this place
will be no more
We'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold onto You always
I know the journey seems so long, you feel you're
walking on your own.
But there has never been a step where you've walked
down all alone.
Troubled soul don't lose your heart
Cause the joy and peace He brings
And the beauty that's instore outweighs the hurt of life's
sting.
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and
no more fears.
There will be a day when the burdens of this place will
be no more
We'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold onto You always
I can't wait until that day when the very one I've lived for
always
will wipe away the sorrow that i've faced.
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame
and misery.
This is why...this is why I sing....there will be a day.

This is a pic of my great grandma when she was very young=) with her two younger brothers. This has to be one of the neatest pictures, I think, that we have of my great grandma. You can see where I slid the journaling under the picture=)


The picture is very bluring, so here's what the journaling says: My great grandma was always so full of life, love, and happiness. Which I before never really understood. She was born in an extremely small house in Yugoslavia. She then later came to California, USA in search for a place on the stage. She had a beautiful voice, so I'm told; but, she was so shy when it came to showing her talents that she was never able to show them on stage. My mom tells me stories of how she would always peek in while great grandma was cooking inthe kitchen and singing at the same time. My great grandma spent the last years of her life living in the same house that she did when she first got married , taking care of her almost disabled husband and grown son. And let me tell you, those two never got along. But great grandma always put up with their arguments and was still the most pleasant little lady to be around. When I was 9 and had only 6 siblings, we moved to our great grandparents small 5 acre farm and lived there for little over a year. My and my siblings were fortunate and blessed to be able to spend time with our grandma before she passed away on October 8, 2006. 


 This is the other side of the journaling block and the journaling continues...
I remember that the one thing great grandma loved to talk about was Jesus. She was always so thrilled whenever my mom would go over to their house to cook breakfast, clean, ect. and great grandma would constantly talk about Jesus. I realize now that that was the reason for her constant happiness; becuase she was always filled with the love and everlasting peace and grace of Jesus. And I find it comforting to know that my great grandma, the one who I loved so dearly and will always love, is now kneeling at His feet.


My great grandma was born and raised in Yugoslavia until late teen years. This is the teeny-tiny house that she was born in. It looks so old and eccentric-looking!!! And don't worry, that bottle-cap that you see on the bottom is from an apple cider bottle that I saved from last Thanksgiving=)

Well, so there it is! My loss-themed layout! I have to say, this is probably my favorite layout right now=) Come back tomorrow for more LOs!




3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love this LO! Its so pretty!

Rita Barakat said...

Aww so heartfelt , I love it. Did you send this to Ali?

Ali said...

Heidi this is awesome, Thank you SO much for sharing it. Wonderful to see scrapbooking being enjoyed. Great job using the sketch! Keep up the wonderful work!!!! More of your work can be featured at the Creative Round-Up, just feel free to send it alojg when you use a S:CY Sketch, and even if you use this sketch again for a different LO. You GO GIRL!!!!!!! ((HUGZ))-Ali