Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hugs!!

So I'm in the process of looking for a "new look" for my blog  at the moment (as you can tell =)), so you'll have to bear with me as I try out new backgrounds=)
Ok, so it's February now and so I've been busy scrappin' some "love-themed" LOs =)
 I am so happy with the way this lo turned out! =D "Hugs" was the perfect title too. Yeah, in my family we like to give hugs=)

I'm so totally loving using black & white photos right now=)
 Aren't all those pics just way too cute? =) I love it when I get good/cute shots of my fam! (and then of course scrap them=) lol!

And now for the tutorial that I promised on how to make that flower=) You might already know how to make this flower, but this tutorial is for just in case you don't :)
1. So for this particular flower I used brown paper bags (or more like 1 paper bag =) But you can use any type of paper you want. Only, the thinner the paper is the easier it will be ;)
2. Then draw 3 large-sized flowers and 3 small-sized flowers on the bag. This step is really up to you. You can make the flowers as big or as small as you want and it's also your decision on how many layers you want =)
And also, do worry about perfection. You're going to have to crumple them all up soon anyways =)

3. Now comes the fun part! Carefully crumble up each flower until it becomes a little ball. The more crumpled-up it is, the more vintage look it will have =)
4. Then unfold each flower until they look a little something like this... (be careful not to wrip a petal while you are unfolding them =)
5. Now for this particular flower, I decided to paint it red. But it's really up to you what you want to do. You can ink it, paint it, or just do whatever you want!

                                    6. After you paint the flowers, fold each of them in half

 7. Then, take a stapler and staple each of them at the bottom of the folded area.

8. Once that step is finished, unfold the flowers.
9. Then adhere/layer each of the flowers ontop of eachother, larger on bottom and smaller on top

9. I used a small paint brush to curl the edges of each petal, but you can always just leave the petals as they are =)
And there you have it! Here are the flowers that I made using these steps.

These flowers are really easy and fun to make! Does it get any better than that? :D
Thanks for stopping by! heidi

2 comments:

lil' sis =D said...

Cool!!! Only... I helped you make all of these =D Your lil' sis

Rita Barakat said...

Great tutaorial and page- those pics are awesome! What cuties!